What a perfect way to get back into the swing of blogging!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week is about resolutions I have for the year, and they can be book related or not.
- Blog More – This one should be pretty obvious from my other posts. I really want to be more engaging on this blog. I want to interact with you, my fellow adventurers, and tell you more about what I’m reading. Along with that, I do use Twitter a little more and you can friend me on Goodreads. I just want to be able to connect more this year.
- Be Healthier – I hate drinking water, I don’t exercise, and my job requires I sit all the time. Clearly, I need to make an effort in being healthy. So I’ve come up with a plan where I drink a glass a water a week for the first month, than 2 glasses the second month, and so on. I’m planning on reading while on the treadmill at home, and my boyfriend and I are thinking of doing yoga together. I’m also trying to add more fruit to my diet. We’ll see how this all goes.
- Write More – I need to get back into my novel. It’s been gathering dust since I graduated from college, and that’s not good. My goal right now is to do some writing each week (that’s not related to this blog. Has to be for this story). I won’t say it has to be 1,000 words or anything. Just, write something.
- Go to BookCon – So, I’m thinking this may be one of my easier ones. I already bought tickets for it, so as we get closer to the date, if any bloggers want to meet up, let me know!
- Read More – I was so close to reaching my goodreads goal last year. I’ve made it the same number this year, 30, so I’m hoping I’ll read that and more.
- See My Friends More – There are a few of my friends I see more often than others. Then there are a few friends I haven’t seen since I graduated, but we still keep in regular contact. I hope to meet up with everyone more. Maybe play some board games, watch tv shows. I miss the college days when it was easier to see everyone.
- Have A Better Sleep Schedule – I am a night owl with a job that requires I wake up at 5:25AM. Definitely not cool. So, I need to make myself go to bed earlier. It’s going to be tough, but we’ll see.
- Move Out On My Own – Right now, I live at home. I would love to get my own apartment, experience having my own place and learning to live on my own. This is a big goal for me this year. Sooner rather than later too because I do have plans for 2017.
- No Chewing Ice – It’s already day 4 (as I’m typing this) and I haven’t had any ice yet. It’s sooo hard. But I know it’s bad for my teeth, so I need to quit. So, going cold turkey!
Sadly, I only have 9 right now, but hey, it’s only January 4th. I can add as the year goes on.
So tell me, what are your 2016 resolutions? Maybe if we share, we can keep each other motivated!