Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week I’m going to talk about the The Top Ten Reasons I Love Stories.
Now, these are in no particular order.
- It’s an opportunity to escape reality and enter into a whole new world.
- There are hundreds and hundreds of characters just waiting for you to get the chance to know them.
- You can learn about a new culture, religion, way of life, and on and on and on.
- They’re not only in a written format, but can be told from person to person, recorded on tape, made into a film, told through music…The list continues!
- They give you so many emotions. You can be super excited at the beginning and end up a weeping ball of sadness and used tissues at the end.
- They can encourage you in life, whether it be a steampunk novel or a tragic romance.
- You’ll always find someone who wants to hear/read a story. Stories can be shared by anyone to anyone.
- Along those lines, it’s a way to connect with others. Fans all over the world who speak hundreds of languages could connect and communicate with one another because of their love for a story.
- They never grow old. A story written in the 1870s, the 1530s, and earlier and earlier are still being read today.
Hi my fellow adventurers! I’m currently on a week vacation, and I didn’t get to finish this post before I left, so I only got to 9. But I still wanted to share what I had. I’m definitely going to add that last one when I’m back home.
Until next time!